setec assisted SGTM ENERGY in its development studies. These were organized into several tasks, from defining the project to conducting detailed surveys of all the structures and equipment.
The project involved setting up a hydropower station upstream of the existing Asfalou barrage: a vault-type dam with a maximum above-foundation height of 112m.
The hydropower development includes:
– The penpipe connection to the existing water intake
– An underground water course of approximately 150 ml
– A hydropower plant housing a 12 MW Francis horizonal turbine
– A steep access road
– A 60 kV low-voltage substation
– A 45 km long 60 kV power line linking to the national grid