In July 2005, the Flandre Morinie waste treatment authority (SMFM) launched an architectural and engineering contest to design the Flamoval incineration center.
Drawing on more than 20 years of experience, setec designed a process that would be integrated into the architecture of the center. The solution covered both technical and organizational aspects, so that the tools integrated would provide security and ease of use, as keys to sustainability and high performance. The technical project was based on the following principles:
– Maximum vapor decontamination through modern, high-performance technology without effluents.
– Optimal, flexible and scalable energy recovery through cogeneration.
– A full service continuity guarantee for waste reception and processing.
– A compact functional and spatial organization to reduce the number of circuits and facilitate maintenance.
– Accessibility for operational convenience and time savings.
– Separate “dirty” and “clean” areas to facilitate day-to-day operations, site maintenance and cleaning.
– Independent secure roads for waste collection and service vehicles.