The project involved modernizing two rail lines in the Dordogne department:
• Track and structural work between Siorac and Sarlat (25.35 km)
• Track work between Bergerac and Sauveboeuf (23.26 km)
• Construction work between Bergerac and Le Buisson (34.28 km)
The lines were non-electrified, one-way, ranked in UIC group 9 AV (with passengers) and commercially operated by SNCF (TER).
The modernization work included a tracks program and a program for engineering structures, earthworks and sanitation.
These were carried out while the lines were closed from early January to the end of June 2011 for Siorac – Sarlat, and from early September 2011 to the end of February 2012 for Bergerac – Le Buisson.
The work on the lines enabled:
• Nominal track performance to be restored on the sections concerned
• Sustainable maintenance
• Reduced maintenance costs