The East Branch of Rhine-Rhône Line links Dijon to Mulhouse by a 350 km/h (217 mph) high speed line. This 189km project was divided into 3 sections (A: 70km in length, B: 57km in length, C: 62km in length).
setec’s scope of work comprised sections A and C, including major structures:
– The Saone Viaduct with curved outlines, measuring 380 m in length, a 12.6 m wide deck, and concrete piers, varying in height between 5 and 14 m.
– The Lizaine Viaduct, 717 m long and 16.6 m wide with 10 concrete piers varying between 10 to 40m in height
– The Doller Viaduct, 670 m long, 12.6 m wide, metallic double girder load-bearing structure
– The Epenottes viaduct, 450 m long, 12.6 m wide, mixed double girder load-bearing structure
– The Pertuis viaduct, 220 m long, 12.6 m wide, mixed double girder load-bearing structure
– The Soulzbach viaduct, 620 m long, 12.6 m wide, composite steel box girder load bearing structure
– The Chavanne Tunnel, single tube tunnel with 2 tracks, 1970 m long and 80 m2 of section. This excavated tunnel is designed for an operating speed of 300 km/h (190 Mph)