CDGVAL is a public transport link connecting in only 8 minutes (compared to 25 minutes previously), the three Charles de Gaulle airport terminals, the Paris regional express network (RER), the high speed train stations (TGV) and the car parks, all distributed on five stations.
As a consortium partner, Setec provided technical assistance to the Owner for the systems, including interfacing with the Civil Engineering. Setec took up the Project management since January 2003 as part of an on-site resident team comprising four engineers, one secretary and a draftman. The consortium’s assigned tasks comprised respectively the system complete design, manufacturing and construction supervision, testing and commissioning, along with the the safety case.
Specific project features:
- Reuse of former automated people-mover APM infrastructures (CDGVAL),
- Combined track, both anchored and resting on concrete sleeper blocks (CDGVAL),
- Cross communications with concrete running tracks (5 CDGVAL, 1 LISA)
Self-supporting Platform Screen Doors/ Doors controller at the end of each platform (26m CDGVAL, 52m LISA),
- Various operation modes (temporary single track, shuttle, partial service),
- Two-direction automated pilot (PADS)/ Digital safety systems,
On-board real-time CCTV (WIFI / IP),
- VAL 208 NG light automated rolling stock (7 for CDGVAL, 3 for LISA).