In 2010, the Metropolitan Lyon authority started reviewing the future of the Part-Dieu district to meet the major challenges posed by economic, real-state and urban development.
By creating a development zone in the Part-Dieu district, Metropolitan Lyon wanted to develop sustainable forms of mobility, make the area a more pleasant place to live and boost its economic appeal through the development of a new real-estate offering.
For this project, Metropolitan Lyon asked setec to carry out an impact study.
The Part-Dieu development project involved ambitious plans to radically transform the Part-Dieu neighborhood.
The impact study for this project featured:
- A site in the heart of Lyon
- Numerous challenges in terms of the environment and strong interrelations between the original components
- An analysis of the impacts and exhaustive measures to take in all areas
- Significant interaction between the different aspects of the project: road changes, quality public areas, landscaping, sun and wind comfort, ecological corridors, minimal potential disturbances, etc.
- An analysis of the cummulative effects of other projects covering or intersecting the area