For one of setec companies, a key player in project management consulting services, we are looking for a Planning Engineer, to join our Project Management consulting team and bring his/her expertise to a major rail transport project undertaken in United Kingdom.
Accompanied by a team of French and international specialists, as well as local technical experts, the Planning Engineer will assist the Client on site to ensure a successful operation mainly related to Staffing Management of Detailed Design.
Position will be located in Birmingham during at least 2 years.
Role and responsibilities:
The Planning Engineer, needs to be autonomous, proactive and coordinate the activities planned. To go and see on site in order to monitor enthusiastically the activities!
- Work closely with and assist the Planning Manager in developing and implementing a project controls plan (schedule, deliverables) in order to effectively plan and manage the next stages of the project;
- Support the Planning Manager in monitoring the project performance for reporting to the Client about the progress and time impact;
- Monitor, report and trend project schedule activities and manage deadlines, in particular, with partners and subcontractors;
- Monitor potential schedule problems, report findings to Planning Manager and recommend corrective actions;
-Coordinate the review of estimated needs including resources allocation, labour, equipment, materials, preparations, and other related costs and simulations;
- Prepare any other documents as deemed necessary or as instructed by the Planning Manager and provide support to the Contract Manager.
We are willing to discuss with Planning professionals having at least 2 years of experience in similar position, in Project Management environment and possibly having a demonstrated history of working in rail or public transport related projects.
We also expect that the perfect candidate would have :
· Ability to work with a multicultural team
· Ability to use sound judgment on difficult engineering problems
· Ability to deal tactfully with consultants, contractors and government officials
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English & French
· Tools: Primavera is a must, MS project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint