setec Group, with more than 70 companies in France and Worldwide, 3,300 employees in the engineering sector (feasibility studies, assistance to the contracting authority, project management) in the fields of public works, transport systems, urban development, building, industry, engineering structures, environment, water and waste.
Turnover: 375 M€
Department of Legal Affairs :
7 lawyers work for the Setec group. The department is divided into two divisions, Business and Corporate.
The department is organised as follows: A Legal Director, a lawyer in charge of company law, an insurance lawyer, a lawyer in charge of international affairs, a lawyer in charge of international contracts, a lawyer in charge of French/international contracts and a lawyer in charge of French contracts.
Two assistants are dedicated to the department.
Attached to the Legal Affairs Department, under the responsibility of the lawyer in charge of international affairs.
The lawyer will assist the Business Unit of Common Law contracts activity but may also be required to work on international contracts (outside Common Law)
He/She will be required to:
- Analyse the terms of reference of tenders,
- Analyse the contractual scheme, in particular studying key clauses, identifying risks and alerting to the consequences,
- Prepare and attend Commitment Committees,
- Prepare, review and negotiate all agreements with clients and partners (partnership agreements, collaboration agreements, grouping agreements, subcontracting agreements, etc.) and provide assistance in the negotiation of these agreements until they are finalised
- Assist with the monitoring of projects on legal and contractual matters,
- Participate in tax analysis in conjunction with the Setec Group Finance Department,
- Participate in the follow-up of pre-litigation and litigation,
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the compliance aspects of all Group subsidiaries subject to Anglo-Saxon law.
In general, he/she keeps a permanent legal watch, accumulates and documents knowledge and experience in the legal field and formulates recommendations.
Place of work
The position is based at: Immeuble central seine 42 - 52 quai de la rapee 75583 Paris cedex 12 France
(Metro -RER Gare de Lyon).
Occasional travel within the UK is possible.
2 days of remote work possible per week
Education & experience required
Education: University education at a Bachelor of Law (LLB) level in a Commonwealth country (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc.), preferably the UK.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in a company or law firm in an English-speaking environment. Experience with NEC contracts is required. Experience in an international environment would be preferably.
Languages: Mother tongue English. Fluency in French is an additional asset.
A high degree of rigour and precision.
Ability to take initiatives.
Sense of analysis and synthesis.
Good writing skills.
A good sense of teamwork, contact and dialogue.
Ability to manage priorities.
Autonomy and adaptability.
Remuneration: over 12 months, according to profile.
Collective agreement: Syntec.